One of the main attractions of any visit to Prague is the Old Town Hall. Its history dates back to 1338 when King John of Luxembourg granted the citizens of Prague the right to convert a house into a town hall. The town hall’s tower was added in 1364 and over the centuries, the appearance of this magnificent monument changed several times as bits and pieces were added. The famous astronomical clock was installed in the tower in 1410. During the Prague Uprising of 1945, the Town Hall came under the fire of German troops and was seriously damaged. After the War, comprehensive restoration work was carried out on the building.
Dimensions: H: 2.45 m, L: 3 m, W: 1.91 m
Total area of site: 3,50 x 2,05 m
Weight: 5.3 t
Materials: concrete, marble, natural stone, eternit, copper, brass, gold leaf
Time taken: 2,650 hours
Model makers: Friedrich Jerina (1972)