The Brandenburg Gate in Berlin is a neoclassical gate of triumphal procession built on the orders of Prussian king Frederick William II according to plans of Carl Gotthard Langhans. Time of construction: 1789 – 1793. It was intended as the grand architectural monument at the end of the impressive “Unter den Linden” boulevard. Atop the gate is a Quadriga, a chariot drawn by four horses, sculpted by Johann Gottfried Schadow. Victoria, the goddess of Victory, in her chariot is a symbol of the restoration of peace. Today, the landmark of Berlin is a symbol of German reunification.