The “pig’s snout” as it is lovingly called by the locals was built by the factory in Wismar from 1932 onwards. Its characteristic snout was adopted from Ford’s lorries. These diesel railcars were used on branch and island lines and kept in service by the German National Railways in the former GDR until well into the 1960s. Some of these well-loved public conveyances also made their way to Spain where they were used by the State Railway. Today only two working cars exist, however they are only used for special tours. The railcar which seated 32 was 10 m
long, had a gauge of 1,000 mm and a top speed of 45 km/h.